Martial arts is an activity that many find fascinating but are intimidated to try. One viable option is trying one of the many at home martial arts programs.
Body Combat is a high-energy martial arts-inspired workout that is totally non-contact. You will be punching and kicking your way to fitness while burning up to 700 calories in one session.
Now I know the word Combat can seem scary but don’t let that put you off. You can and should go at a level of difficulty and intensity that works for your fitness level.
Here’s what you can expect from a Body Combat session:
- A total body workout. The moves in this workout which include punches and kicks (non-contact), will have you working your arms, legs, back, shoulders, glutes, core.
- A bucket load of sweat will be expelled from your body, seriously.
- Fun. This is not your typical cardio session. The music, high energy and diverse moves make for one fun workout session. You’ll love it so much you won’t even notice the time go by, I never do.
- Sore muscles. Don’t be deceived by the fun you will have; you will feel the burn the next day. Rest assured, this is a good sign, I love the burn, it means I worked hard and probably worked new muscles as well.
Source: Fit Pregnancy
So what are the benefits of a Martial Art type workout?
- This is an effective way to tone up and sculpt your body with moves that you probably do not already do in your regular fitness activities.
- Did I mention that you will torch those calories and make fat cry?
- Stress relief (and this is important). The intensity and power that goes into throwing those punches and pushing out those kicks are bound to release any tension you’ve been feeling.
- Minimal equipment needed. In fact most times, you don’t need any equipment at all.
- Not only are you sculpting your body, you are also learning self-defense. I feel so much like a badass now.
Try something new and ditch boring hour long, same paced cardio workout session. Throw in a few punches and kicks instead.
Who would you like to try body combat with? Share this post with them.